Monday, September 05, 2005

Game Set Match

I took this photo from my front row seat at the US Open on Saturday - it was an amazing day of tennis. If you had been watching the Open on television on Saturday afternoon, you would also have seen me hit by a ball that was hit by Rafael Nadal. But that's okay, because he's cute....and he lost the game to James Blake. Many are calling this match I viewed the match of the Open.

While I love Wimbledon and its traditions, I enjoy attending the US Open more - the energy is amazing. From the music they pump out of the speakers surrounding the court while the players are warming up (Eminem, Snoop Dogg, JT) to the screaming fans to the huge amount of people packed into Arthur Ashe Stadium - it creates an atmosphere I've only ever felt at a select number of Stanley Cup final games. My winner prediction is: Roger Federer and Kim Clijsters.

No comments: