Friday, March 31, 2006

Story-Wallah!


The US edition of Story-Wallah came into my possession yesterday, though minus the exclamation mark from the Canadian edition. As people have been asking me recently for book recommendations, this anthology of short fiction from South Asian writers is a great read and if you're into reading guides it has one here.

I spent months editing this collection and thought I practically knew the stories off by heart, but I began reading the book last night after being away from it for a year and a half and became immediately engrossed again. Shyam Selvadurai did a brilliant job selecting the fiction for this collection and for additional reading, this is an interesting article from Time written by Selvadurai about setting up house as a gay man in Sri Lanka.

No comments: