Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Prepping For St. Petersburg

Tonight on Jeopardy: Here in St. Petersburg in June, the extended daylight is called this. What is....White Nights?

Two weeks tomorrow I will be arriving in St. Petersburg and now that my visa ordeal is over, I am prepping for my trip in fun ways. I have purchased tickets for a night of ballet at the Mariinsky Theatre. (I still can't believe that I get to do this...it's one of those pinch myself, dreaming about for a long time, oh my god experiences for me.) I have my VIP pass to the Hermitage, courtesy of a lovely gesture by a family friend with great connections. And I am re-reading Crime and Punishment which has sat untouched on my bookshelf for the past decade. Then I'll be all ready for the Dostoyevsky Walk. As for the vodka, I'm already prepped for that.

No comments: