Sunday, December 03, 2006

Borough Market

Yesterday I spent much of the afternoon at the Borough Market. It was one of those times when I wished that photographs came with a "scent option" - the smells at the market were incredible. Cheeses, olives and various marinades, fresh fish and game, burnt espresso, curry simmering in huge vats for people to taste, and all mixed with the curiously pleasing odour of garlic and mulled wine.

I managed to get past the fudge stall without buying anything, but when I walked past the brownie tower (photo below) it was game over. And god, was it a good brownie. There was also a large red deer (headless) for £200 but however would I have carried it home?

Brownie Tower Bunnies

3 comments:

Hilaire said...

I'll bet those olives are amazing...I am jealous of European markets!

Slant said...

I'm not actually a huge olive fan, but I did buy some amazing tapenade that friends and I ate at a Christmas tree decorating party on Saaturday night.

Steven W. Beattie said...

Love the new photo. It's a classic Sarah Williams expression.