Thursday, May 31, 2007

Roland Garros Predictions

I don't usually make my Grand Slam predictions this early in the tournament. I'm fleetingly more accurate around the last sixteen, but as I just packed my Lacoste gear in preparation for heading to Paris for the tennis tomorrow, I'll give it an early go.

Continuing with my trend of not choosing Federer to win, because it's just too easy of a prediction. But I truly don't think he'll crack the clay this year - the tournament is Nadal's to lose, so I'm backing him. Watch out for Baghdatis and Canas though, they're both playing well.

As for the women, I think Justine Henin will defend her title (which is too bad, simply because I dislike her). If Sharapova wasn't still dealing with her injured shoulder, she'd be in with a good chance, but I think she'll have a better tournament at Wimbledon. Dark horse is Serena Williams; she could surprise here at the French Open...again. Will be smelling the clay on Saturday.

No comments: