Sunday, April 19, 2009

Travel Planning

Waking up to this view when visiting the parents just never gets old. I flew out to the West Coast to have a visit upon their return from 2 months traveling through Chile/South Pacific/New Zealand/Australia/Far East. Lucky bastards.

But upon receiving feedback from my Ph.D supervisor on the 2 penultimate chapters of my thesis, I felt inspired to book my own travel adventure. I had been expecting the feedback to be "You need to re-write everything!" but rather it was "Minimal alteration needed!".

So between my previously arranged girls weekend in Marrakech and a conference I have to attend in the UK, I'm flying into Tirana and out of Santorini. 2 weeks in-between to make my way through Albanian blood feuds, Macedonian monasteries and Greek ouzo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous. greece is reputed to be stunningly lovely in spring. will you be traveling (and blogging about it) more when the phd is done?

Slant said...

I certainly hope so. But that whole pesky "get a job" thing might get in the way somewhat.

My bank account is looking forward to this new development but in this job market, I think it's going to be a lot of freelancing. Which could mean a last-minute-hop-on-a-plane moment or two.

Anonymous said...

are you looking for a job in academia? then there are summers and plenty of opportunities for conference travel... to even more destinations like pittsburgh!