Friday, April 22, 2005

The House of Yes


houseofyes
Originally uploaded by sarah4855.

As shown in the All Consuming sidebar, I watched The House of Yes last night. Or rather, in the early hours of today, as my insomnia raged. A friend gave me the dvd to watch on one of my transatlantic flights, but I never got around to it....in the end, it worked out well, because it was the perfect movie for my insomnia. Not because it put me to sleep, but because it made me happy to be awake in the wee hours of the morning watching it. It was hilarous.

I had read the original stage play by Wendy MacLeod, but the humour wasn't as wry and as sharp on the page as it was on screen. This was due mostly to Parker Posey's brilliant performance (she won at Sundance for this particular one) - while I had never been a big Posey fan, I am now. So thanks D. for the dvd gift. "Now please excuse me, I have to go baste the turkey and hide the kitchen knives."

No comments: