Saturday, February 25, 2006

Здравствуйте Comrade!


What better way to blast away those winter blues than by planning a fabulous summer trip? So this week I booked, with my mate Charlie, a five day adventure to St. Petersburg, Russia during White Nights.

There exists a long list of things I want to do before I die, and with this trip to St. Petersburg, I will get to check two of those items off of my list. The first - an entire day (or two) wandering around the wonder that is the Hermitage. The second - to see the Kirov Ballet at the beautiful Mariinsky Theatre. Luckily, the Kirov are performing Le Corsaire while we are in town. And when we leave the theatre after the performance, it will still be light outside! 24 hours of daylight - imagine how much trouble we can get into.

No comments: