Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Why I Love Diners

My neighbourhood diner is the Patrician Grill and it was also my workplace neighbourhood diner, so I ate there a lot when I was a nine-to-fiver. I haven't been to the Grill for lunch in almost two years because of my absence from the country and my attempt to not eat pure fat. But today, in the midst of my chapter writing nightmare, I needed diner food.

So I walk into the Grill, sit down at a booth, Terry the diner maestro points at me, says, "Grilled cheese on white, chocolate shake" and before I know it, my lunch is sitting in front of me without my having said a word. Love diners. On a side note, having had my love of Gilmore Girls ridiculed last night, I realize that perhaps why I love it is because of all the diner scenes. So much love everywhere, I can barely stand it.

No comments: