Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Best Of Both Surfaces

They called it The Battle of Surfaces. A tennis court made of half grass and half clay to host the world's best grass courter and clay courter. It was played today with Nadal just beating Federer, in what looked like a very cool match.

I just love that this was played - it's one of those moments where someone must have thought: Wouldn't it be cool if we did this? And then this fun concept was actually turned into reality. It has also heightened my excitement for this summer's tennis. For the first time I'll be playing my own version of Battle of the Surfaces, as I'm attending both Roland Garros and Wimbledon. Such different atmospheres at these tournaments - it will be interesting to do them just weeks apart. Predictions to come, as usual.

No comments: