Monday, May 07, 2007

Reading Stack

Boing Boing pointed out this cool Flickr group called Reading Stack. Here's my first one.

Place: Bedside table in Toronto loft

Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje. New book by my favourite writer. Reading it very slowly.
Lonely Planet Cambodia. Researching for potential trip. Travel reading excites me, but also makes me sleepy, and isn't a huge intellectual investment. Great for bedtime reading.
Complete Plays by Sarah Kane. I saw Crave over the weekend and was re-reading it before the performance.
On Photography by Susan Sontag. Still reading it and using her ideas for my thesis.
Bad Behavior by Mary Gaitskill. I picked this up a couple of days before I left London - it was my transatlantic airplane reading. Short stories are good for this.
Mothers and Sons by Colm Toibin. A signed copy was waiting for me in my loft when I walked in from the airport. A gift from a friend. Except that it is signed to both of us, so it's a shared custody kind of situation.

No comments: